The purpose of the association is to develop and extend interest in the production and marketing of quality Christmas trees in North Carolina. Through group action, the association seeks to promote better market opportunities, better cultural practices, research, favorable legislation and exchange of ideas among its membership. The membership includes growers and producers of Christmas trees and related products in North Carolina or adjoining areas, persons or firms supplying equipment, supplies or planting stock, Christmas tree buyers and others interested in affiliating with the association.
Why Should I Become a Member of the North Carolina Christmas Tree Association?
- To promote the traditions and memories of celebrating Christmas with a Real Tree.
- To protect and grow your business. NCCTA works to stop legislation and regulations that are negative to you and others growing, wholesaling and retailing Real Christmas Trees and to support beneficial legislation and regulations.
- To be part of a community of Christmas Tree professionals and share the knowledge and experiences of thousands who share your concerns, questions and needs.
Special Benefits for NCCTA Members
- Pay Anywhere – Credit card processing that helps support NCCTA with every swipe.
- First Pioneer Insurance Agency - Offers a special worker’s compensation insurance program.
- LifeStore Insurance - Insurance discounts offered to members for property and liability coverage, workers compensation and health plan options.
- Auto Owners - NCCTA Members which will save 10% on all Commercial Lines of insurance (ie: Commercial Auto, General Liability, Inland Marine Equipment Coverage and Farm Property).
- First Benefits – NCCTA members are eligible for workers’ compensation coverage with no other membership requirements. (LifeStore Insurance and First Pioneer Insurance represent First Benefits Insurance at their respective agencies in the High Country).
- Annual subscription to Limbs and Needles magazine
- National branding of "North Carolina Fraser Fir – The Perfect Christmas Tree"
- Reduced registration rates for semi-annual meetings
- Annual listing in the Buy/Sell Guide
- Annual listing in the Choose and Cut Directory
- Updated tree inventory listing available on website September 1-December 1
- Website Listing
- Link to your own website from your designated webpage listing in NCCTA’s online tree search directory
- Retail lot listing on website with Google location services
- Annual membership directory
- FREE access to NCCTA’s Online Member Center, with resources such as classifieds, wholesale buyer mailing list, choose & cut promotional mailing list, and digital archived copies of Limbs & Needles
- Attention to relevant legislative issues on State and National Level
- Technical information, Research information, and industry updates
- Local, regional, state, and national advertising
- Representation at nursery trade shows and consumer shows
- Representation with educational and governmental organizations
- Access to experts in the field – speakers, other members, sponsors
- Provides great opportunities to meet and network with industry peers
- NCTA T.I.P. benefits
The basic membership fee listed on the application by category applies to all members. In addition, growers who raise Fraser Fir in North Carolina and adjacent Virginia and Tennessee Counties pay a minimum of $.05 per tree sold during the most recent season or $5.00 per acre of Fraser fir if not yet selling trees. These funds are allocated to the association's Fraser Fir Promotional Committee for special and separate use.
Membership is for one year beginning January 1 and may not be prorated. Fraser fir growers will pay the grower fee and tree assessment even though they may also fit other categories. In all other cases, those who fit more than one category should apply as an "Allied Business." Those who raise trees in and out of North Carolina should apply as an in-state grower.
The North Carolina Christmas Tree Association members voted in 1995 to participate in the National Christmas Tree Association Tree Industry Partnership (T.I.P.). Each member contributes $20.00 (the price of one tree) for promotion of real trees on a National basis. T.I.P. contributions are also used to fund Federal lobbying efforts regarding Christmas tree legislative issues. Members of a T.I.P. participating Association are given special privileges for National meetings and listings on the National website.
In order for any member to be listed in the annual Buy/Sell Guide or the Choose & Cut Memories Book a minimum Fraser fir assessment of $50.00 is required. Please remember that the contribution does not automatically result in listing.